June 06, 2009

Next reflective Essay

The topic of my essay will be "Low-risk activities" in schools based on the article by Dick Edelstein (1988). The main idea is to discuss how this topic is relate to the Chilean context, including my professional practice or possible future work environment.
First of all, I`ll present an introduction and then my arguments about the biggest problems in chilean’s school which is that students are not learning like the article says “the real risk in the language classroom”. Thinking about that, a few questions comes to my mind ¿what is the sense of risky?¿What teachers need to do an interesting lesson?

Well, I`ll write enought using examples and strong points.
Finally, to conclude by giving good ideas to put in practice to make the students learn with innovative activities to improve learning skills.
As the article said "many innovative activities are not particularly risky" I think that teachers should provide opportunities of participation every class to make students feel comfortable in their learning environment. So, we need teachers with self-determination and they have to be open-minded!
Nowadays, in my work experience at school, I pretty sure that students learn with enjoyable activities and they work as well when something is fun and interesting.


Catch ya later!

No comments:

Post a Comment