June 05, 2009

school kill creativity


I am very interested to comment on the creativity expert Sir Ken Robinson`s talk.
The speech was brilliant and I agree with most of ideas that he said. He challenges the way we're educating our children. As he said we have to rethink of our school systems in order to cultivate creativity and knowledge.


Most importantly was that Sir Ken Robinson argues that we've been educated to become good workers, rather than creative thinkers.

"We are educating people out of their creativity," Robinson says. Why don't we get the best out of people?

Looking back on my own experience in school, I and my classmates were put inside in a little room for creativity between authoritative, confucius and conservative education environment. School was the biggest bore to me!. We were students with restless minds and bodies far from being cultivated for our energy and curiosity. Actually, we were ignored. X(!

In short, we are all unique and it takes an extraordinary gift to recognize what it is that makes each child special and to help bring out their talents. Education needs to be more inclusive to new ideas, cultures, technologies.

Everyone should watch this. Go there http://www.ted.com


3 comments:

  1. ohh yeah... but yu could have done something at home! I used to do that... my drawings and writings that I threw away after.... maybe i have some thing in some place...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree that you could do those things at home as Marta says. However, this doesn't justify the fact that schools kill creativity. Like you I think young student's energy and curiosity should be put to better use.

    When are we going to see Marta's drawings?

    ReplyDelete
  3. that colour is going to kill my eyes!
    x_X

    ReplyDelete